This week, the Oregon Legislature wrapped up a historic session that moved Oregon forward on many critical fronts.
In an impressive string of legislative accomplishments, Oregon:
- Became the first state in the nation with automatic voter registration, known as the new Motor Voter law
- Enacted universal paid sick time for all workers, becoming the fourth state with such a law
- Established universal background checks on all gun sales
- Increased K-12 funding and made universal all-day kindergarten a realitystatewide
- Reclassified most major birth control as over-the-counter medication and required insurers to cover a full 12-month supply
- Banned “The Box” on job applications that prevented Oregonians who had served their time from getting back on their feet
Congratulations to the Oregon Legislature and Governor Kate Brown on a remarkable legislative session that will make a real difference in the lives of working families!